Adjusting Shutter on Df

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 4,080Gear list
Like?
Re: Adjusting Shutter on Df
In reply to benjaminblack, 10 months ago

benjaminblack wrote:

I've been in awe of the files coming off of the Df and I'm a little interested. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the shutter dial. It's on top correct? I LOVE the shutter and aperture dial setup on my D700 and D800. Incredibly easy (and quick) to adjust. But with the shutter dial on top of the Df I imagine it slowing me down. Which is the point of the Df right? To slow down. How have you adjusted to the change? Thanks!

The shutter speed dial is on top and adjusts without using the lock button. The lock button actuates when you choose 1/3 step (command wheel usage) along with X and T settings. From B to 4000th sec, the shutter speed dial turns freely.

The dial settings are broad a copy of my old FE dial. You jump from 125 to 250 sec. for example. Indoors I will often set the camera to 1/3 step. This allows the Df to be used just other DSLRs and I can get 160 and 200 sec settings.

Outdoors I use the top dial all of the time and I find it easy and fun to use. As you say, the files are lovely and right out of camera.

Have fun,

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow