Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
maxotics
Regular MemberPosts: 283Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!
In reply to Jimmy K., 10 months ago

What does D600 and Canon M (and speculation on buyers' age) have anything to do with OP's question on D800E and 5D Mark 3?

He's asked it multiple times, "Why 8 photographers in 10 have a Canon 5D Mark 3 !!?"

The buyer's age, and in new-to-photography/video buyers is why I believe Canon has grown, even though both those cameras, from what I understand, deliver the same features and IQ.

I can't write on the D800E, but I've owned a 5D and D600, so can talk about my experience there. Magic Lantern, for example, make my EOS-M (and the 5Ds) do incredible things with video. Even though many photographers don't use Magic Lantern, the hack gives Canon cameras a rabid experimental following.

I'll even add, while I'm here, that photography has always been a deeply experimental and democratic medium. All the major camera manufacturers earned their place by making something that was once professional (in the medium) open to amateurs. Nikon started out that way, but then became a luxury item, like Leica.

Canon has been more "open", indirectly, through Magic Lantern RAW video.  The video from a 5D3 rivals that of video cameras costing tens of thousands of dollars.  Nikon video stinks.  Sorry.  The uncompressed video form a D800 is yesterday's news.

Canon is pushing the envelope. Is more experimental. They hire tennis stars and young actors to sell their equipment. It has been paying off!  The D800E may be a better cameras.  But Canon is the cooler company, and it shows with their 5D3 sales.

Really, I believe I have answered the OPs question very well

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow