Nikon D4 Assymetrical Problem Follow-up (February 2014)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Patrick McMahon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
Hardly seems fair
In reply to surrephoto, 5 months ago

surrephoto wrote:

However I do not see any reason for anyone to go on a pro-nikon and problemless-nikon crusade.

One of the things that many of us are surprised by is the lengths Nikon went to in the attempt to satisfy your problem- without "fixing" it. Honoring an out of  country warranty, sending it out multiple times, giving you a loaner... Etc. ad naseum... And still it persisted.

What I do find strange is that you are an extraordinarily busy professional and people have asked for you to contribute real life photos where it has affected the image- to no avail. There was a six month point in time where you were so busy you could not even correspond with Nikon!

I am not saying you should be happy with your D4. But clearly you are in a much better position than an amateur. The camera has helped earn you a lot of cash, even if it did suffer from this issue. It would seem to make walking away a lot easier? I know you have had problems with other companies as well, but consider a change if Nikon has left such a bad taste in your mouth.

You seem to have become consumed by this battle, and as a pro who's camera is paid for why not walk away?

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow