Flat view
Stephen Ingraham
Regular MemberPosts: 396Gear list
Like?
OM-D for Wildlife?
6 months ago

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum.

I am scheduled for my first (and probably only) trip to Africa in June. I have been shooting birds and wildlife with super-zooms for many years now, the Canon SX50HS most recently. It is hard to beat the reach and the convenience, but I have always known I was sacrificing some image quality. Facing a once in a lifetime adventure, and semi-retiring this month, I decided to treat myself to a compact wildlife outfit with a larger sensor. It came down to the new OM-D E-M10 body with the MD 75-300mm II zoom, largely because of the positive reviews of the lens.

The outfit came yesterday, too late for photography, and it will rain all day today, so it will have to wait for Saturday for a good workout. I am already impressed with the size (critical for me), the precision of the Olympus camera, and with the focus speed of the lens. All good. On Sunday I will take it looking for Snowy Owls with friends coming in from Germany.

I hope to be confident of the outfit by June. Any and all tips on shooting wildlife with M43 will be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Ingraham's gear list:Stephen Ingraham's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Alpha NEX-3N Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow