Nikon D4 Assymetrical Problem Follow-up (February 2014)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
surrephoto
Regular MemberPosts: 228
Like?
Nikon D4 Assymetrical Problem Follow-up (February 2014)
10 months ago

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53013247

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53021732

As some forumers may know, I have once again started to pursue a solution for the assymetrical AF (Left-AF Point) problem which has kept me busy with my Nikon D4 since June 2012.

I want to say that I still do respect forumers who may still not believe I have a genuine issue, but I also believe that we have come to a point to be able to acknowledge with a peace of mind that the problem is as real as that of the Nikon D800. However I do not see any reason for anyone to go on a pro-nikon and problemless-nikon crusade.

Today I had a new conversation which Mr Decward Chong of Nikon Malaysia as a follow-up to Nikon Malaysia's response to my facebook comments regarding to my problem which I posted start of this month. I have also emailed Mr Kimura Makoto of Nikon at the same time.

Summing up the conversation;

1. As Nikon Japan has checked the camera on several occasions & since it's within factory standards, there is nothing more Nikon Malaysia can do.

2. Since there is no clear direction on what further can be done, there is nothing more Nikon Malaysia can do.

3. For the case of the D800, there was a service advisory regarding the problem so Nikon Subsidaries worldwide are able to work on the problem.

As we are approaching the release of the D4S, I will have to gear up to more serious approaches to insist that the item (& many other D4) is clearly defective & Nikon is using a never-ending circular defense from ridding itself of crucial responsibilities to it's customer.

To sum it up, the Nikon way of handling customers;

Customer detects a problem or defect.
Nikon declares item to be within factory standard.
Nikon declares that they aren't able to do anything more since item is within factory standard.
Customer demands are deemed to be unreasonable.

Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow