It is time to make a new standard kit lens?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Helena777
Forum MemberPosts: 92Gear list
Like?
It is time to make a new standard kit lens?
10 months ago

Now that NEXes have installed comfortably on 20+ megapixels, the standard 18-55 may be a bit obsolete in glass quality. Even the NEX-7 come bundled with a 18-55 (made in Japan, not in Thailand, and with different diafragma -leafs thinner-) but time has passed and now I think that take 18-55 as standard is stretch too much the potential of that lens. 16-50 is no much better, but its purpose is to be compact, like the camera body.

I have also a Samsung NX300 (a pleasant camera), with a standard 18-55, and that lens have an impressive "macro" capacity and a better glass quality. The EOS-M also have a better glass on standard 18-55. Samsung and Canon standard zooms have its failures, making IMO the Sony a better lens, but talking only about glass, they are better.

IMO it is time to put at consumers disposal, a 18-55 MkII, because the leap to the 1000€ Carl Zeiss is too much big. Also, although it sounds ridiculous, girly, blablabla..., I am not going to buy another black lens >(       (I say it with humor, but it is absolutely true)

What do you think girls&guys??

Helena777's gear list:Helena777's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX300 Sony a6000 +6 more
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow