Photography vs console video games: The better long term investment?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Jack Hass
Regular MemberPosts: 392Gear list
Like?
Re: Photography vs console video games: The better long term investment?
In reply to Cameranoobie, 9 months ago

I had this talk recently with my kids. I am 35, ive played games since i was 5. They have had games all their lives but i have been cutting back on games for them. I recently bought my 10yo an A33 to learn on. I think it better prepares them for something useful in life, and will cost less over the long term. Games get boring, then you want a new one. I still do play one game on my computer, but it's free to play (it's called planetside 2). They have a few games themselves but we haven't bought one in almost a year.

So my opinion, cameras are much better per dollar. They cost more up front usually but i think you can get far more out of them, and things like lenses can last decades. Video games are limited in their lifespan, and the new systems are $400 alone. I plan on teaching my little one enough to where he can make a living out of photography if thats what he wants. He has his own computer and PS installed. Now he has his own camera with 3 lenses. I wish i had that at 10.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow