Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
gak44
Regular MemberPosts: 247Gear list
Like?
Re: 9-18 for me!
In reply to jeffharris, 5 months ago

jeffharris wrote:

dddesign wrote:

I don't think the 7-14 would be so versatile. There have been very few times when I felt 9mm wasn't wide enough and I know there would be a lot of times that 14mm wouldn't be long enough.

If you haven't used the 7-14mm, you have no idea just how incredibly versatile the 7-14mm really is! Fast focus, very sharp. Oh, but that 7mm end!

And don't forget the constant f4 aperture!

Perhaps, but I agree with dddesign. The 9-18 rarely leaves my LX7 and while I would like the extra 2mm at the wide end, 28mm equivalent is too wide for me as a general purpose walk-around lens.

I have found the small and light 9-18 an ideal walk-around lens, from classical ruins, to interiors, to street photography to the canyons and pueblos of the SW, including the Grand Canyon. The range from 28-36mm equivalent is essential for me, and 18 mm is wide enough.

Use whatever works for you.

gak44's gear list:gak44's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow