how can the NEX auto-focus miss these shots?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: how can the NEX auto-focus miss these shots?
In reply to Sir Punk, 5 months ago

Sir Punk wrote:

I know the photographer makes a difference but I am getting annoyed with my nex 5R because sometimes it misses good shots where autofocus and the subject in question shouldn't be trivial to figure out it should be in focus. I don't always or want to change the focus point because sometimes there is just no time and it should be evident. Look here... what do you guys think? I had face detection on (regist faces) but I have no faces registered, regardless, why is it focusing on everything else but the subject in the center. I have multi-area focus mode. Is there a setting I am missing somewhere?

I use flexible spot focus because it has the smallest focus area, but I use it like center focus, I leave it in the center, I don't move it.

So, flexible spot in the center, half-press, focus and recompose, DMF on - you can see with the focus peaking where is the camera focusing.

5nex7's gear list:5nex7's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +54 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow