Senior MemberPosts: 1,336Gear list
Like?
Re: OM mount
In reply to brian, 8 months ago

brian wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Jack Hass wrote:

ApertureAcolyte wrote:

So why did they make an FD speedbooster then? Contax/Yashica?

The OM mount makes more sense than any other mount. Metabones would have made more sales on the OM speedbooster than the C/Y.

I think even though both FD and OM are no more, there are far more FD's out there due to Canon being a much larger user base, so it makes sense to sell to the larger audience. I agree they should have made both, but id imagine it has to be convincing before the R&D is started.

Ask Brian? The oracle started this thread, otherwsie we are just flapping our keyboards.

I don't know but I think that there are some bits that stick out of the back of OM lenses that complicate matters.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

I would like to see Metabones come out with an OM version. However, I'm not directly affiliated with the company so I don't know what their plans are regarding this. I do recall that some of the OM lenses presented more of an interference issue than other brands such as Nikon.

-- hide signature --

Brian Caldwell

I think to those with a lot of old lenses of various mounts, Canon EF is most logical since it adapts OM, K, M42, F etc.

Of course the reason is the shorter flange distance. Is the shorter flange distance preventing Metabones from making an EF mount version? Can the optics fit in an EF spaced adapter?

Another possibility is that making an EF which adapts most other lenses eats into their profits if they can sell multiple adapters to people instead of a more universal one.

beomagi's gear list:beomagi's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-P3 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow