D600 / D610 - A camera for the masses

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Nexu1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,943
Like?
Re: D600 / D610 - A camera for the masses
In reply to larrywilson, 10 months ago

larrywilson wrote:

Once again, the d610 is a good entry level camera for full frame. I would think someone who has a d7100 cropped camera which is an excellent camera may or may not be interested in the d610. A camera for the masses includes all kinds of different sensors and models.

Larry

As someone looking to buy, it is indeed a tough choice.  For me- only because of money/value.  I don't do birding or any sports that require the most sophisticated of AF systems for tracking.  I rented the D610 and found it excellent, including the AF.  But $850 JUST for a bigger sensor feels a little steep.  Feels like diminishing returns, although someone can make that case for a 1" or MFT sized sensor too.  And then the many of the lenses are more expensive too.

But that gets right to the point I believe.  FX is and always has been significantly more expensive.  The D600/D610 has opened full frame up to those who would not even consider it with a $3k+ price tag.

It's a pretty amazing piece of equipment and IQ/$ IMO.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow