Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert LO
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
Appalling Nikon & Cheap Fix for Diopter Adjuster on D7100
5 months ago

I purchased a D7100 from a Nikon dealer in UK last August when I was home visiting family. I normally live in the UK and still have my home there but am on contract working in Australia for three years. The shaft linking the dioptre adjustment has broken (not uncommon apparently).

The camera is well within the warrantee period and is not a grey import but Nikon Australia refuses to repair it unless I pay $250 (a verbal estimate) to take the top off and replace the shaft.

So I have the following options: 1 get the camera repaired ‘out of warantee’ by Nikon (I wonder if there is then a catch 22 that the extended European Warantee is rendered invalid for doing so). 2 get a return flight back to Europe. 3 find a third party repairer or do it myself. 4. Buy a DK20C+3 diopter supplementary lens for $9.95 from B&H plus $31.66 shipping (slightly more than the AU$40 which they have been reduced to in Oz but they didn’t have any available).

Guess which one I did? The appalling thing is that Senior Vice President Yasuyuki OKAMOTO, President Nikon Imaging Japan Inc. controls all the relevant companies, according to Nikon’s Corporate site (Nikon Europe BV, Nikon UK Ltd and Nikon Australia Pty Ltd). Anyone got his email address?

Bob

Robert LO's gear list:Robert LO's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow