Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,837
Like?
Re: Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!
In reply to calson, 7 months ago

calson wrote:

Canon lenses like the 16-35mm f2.8 and 24-70mm f2.8 are inferior to the Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 and 24-70mm f2.8 and do not provide nearly the level of autofocus consistency on Canon cameras.

May be your memory still staying in few years back or you forgot to check the now almost two year old Canon 24-70 MK II? is it your personal experience on the two camera in question here or just a "general" statement in terms of auto focus consistency, I am a dual system user and my personal experience is totally opposite on these two camera we talking about, the 24-70L II is quite a bit better than my 24-70G and 5D3 focus is actually in a difference class compare to my D800E. Sure I totally agree with you there is nothing in Canon that can come even close to the 14-24 which I also use regularly on the D800E and some time even mount to my 1DS MK 2 and 1DS MK3, but  I don't really care for its 24mm end so mostly shooting on the 14mm-18mm end, then my TSE 17 turned out to be even sharper at 17mm with the Tilt/Shift capability which I don't find Nikon alternative.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow