Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paul Richman
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,093Gear list
Like?
A7r Extended Shoot: FE24-70 and 70-400G2
8 months ago

I had my first real, extended shoot yesterday, with the A7r. Shot almost 600 pictures in about 2 hours on a sheep farm nearby. They "hired" me (trading eggs and fresh lamb meat for photos for their upcoming website) to document their new farm. I used mostly the FE24-70 but also the 70-400G2. It was a wonderful shooting experience which I will repeat now often.

One problem I had, on both my A7r bodies, is that they would occasionally not focus and not recognize the lens attached. Out of the blue, it would just go weird this way. Turning the camera off and back on fixed the problem, but sure slowed me down when it happened. Have any you seen this?

The FE24-70 was absolutely invaluable for this work, especially for the closeups of the turkey. The turkey was very curious and friendly, and followed me around for awhile. But he moved quickly. so fast AF was essential and OSS helpful. A couple of shots from this are shown below. You can see all 34 shots  on my site here, starting with the last image on that page:

http://pixelsbypaul.500px.com/boulder_area?page=9

I've come to really love this lens, for subject matter like this. But I will use primes instead on my upcoming trip to Iceland, and for any serious photo trips in the USA.

Gobble, gobble....

-- hide signature --

Paul Richman
Pixels By Paul
http://PixelsByPaul.500px.COM
"There's a good picture nearby. Find it. Take it. Share it."

Paul Richman's gear list:Paul Richman's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +11 more
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow