I don't think the A77 needs to be replaced this year, here is why.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
sybersitizen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,613
Like?
Re: I don't think the A77 needs to be replaced this year, here is why.
In reply to 123Mike, 8 months ago

123Mike wrote:

dlkeller wrote:

Good enough for what you want and blowing away all DSLRs are two different things. It may be good enough for me as well, but right now the jury is still out.

I have tried the A3000 in three different stores now and can't get the viewfinder diopter adjustment right for a sharp view. It isn't a case of going too far one way or another as I can go both ways with it, I just can't get it sharp, period. Haven't tried others yet because they aren't available anywhere near where I live. I didn't have this problem with the various SLT models I tried in the past.

The EVF sucks on it. But myself, I *never* *ever* use a VF. I'm wearing glasses and it's awful squinting through a hole, while all the same, I can comfortable hold the camera in front of me. To photograph the kids and shoot video, I end up holding the camera low, at their level anyway. What would I otherwise do? Duck?

So, how about trying to see if you could adjust to using the LCD only...

A3000... EVF: miserable, absolutely useless (and I do use an EVF often); LCD: stuck permanently in one position; mount: needs adapter to use any lenses I own. No, thanks. I wouldn't use it if it was given to me. But of course it can be used and enjoyed by other people for their purposes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow