EM5 outdated tech

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Fri13
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't believe the few hype cases of failed weather sealing....
In reply to lambert4, 9 months ago

I was pointing to that example as I do have a little hard time to understand how can someone claim a lens/body is weather sealed (I would love to see the body!) when you can get such inside them. Like in what kind environments does those manufacturers really test their lenses?

I believe that manufacturers would be in big trouble in many countries government consumer rights watchdogs because false marketing. If you sell and market your product as "dust proof", then dust sized particles are not allowed to affect the product.

And it isn't enough that manufacturers would claim that it is just a normal dust, when they are marketing their products with ads where cameras and lenses are exposed to very fine dust.

Fri13's gear list:Fri13's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow