Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Greg A A
Contributing MemberPosts: 798
Like?
Re: Sigma cameras suck, regardless of the arguments of the fanboys
In reply to Aaron801, 7 months ago

Aaron801 wrote:

Greg A A wrote:

The continued rant from Sigma fans shows their desperation to defend their choice of a mediocre camera. It has it's novel sensor that has only one use. DPreview rates the SD1 as 71%, not a respectable showing. Flaws of the DP1 are listed clearly in the DPreview of the camera. All the arguments in the world won't change the fact that Sigma hasn't yet learned how to build a camera competitive with the other manufacturers.

Someday Sigma may build a decent camera, but today it's not a good choice for many photographers.

I don't really want one of these Sigma cameras either, but I still am able to see it as a really specialty niche camera and as such it isn't really going to garner great ratings with criteria that's design to evaluate a more "all around camera." Is it that difficult to understand that there's a market for specialty type cameras? I see that as being a good thing... that the market is large enough so that all kinds of different photographers can get the exact sort of tool that makes the most sense for how they like to take pictures. if you bought one of these things and found it to be lacking for the kind of thing that you do, then I might be able to understand the hate, otherwise you're just hammering on and on with a sort of apples and oranges comparison between unalike cameras...

The subject line garnered some attention as intended. The message simply pointed out the desperate attempt to defend the indefensible, not hateful. A personal attack shown below is what I would call hateful. Here is the quote from one of the Sigma fans: (not directed at me, but offensive never the less):

"you have got to t be kidding me talking this way.

I looked at your galley and one image after another shows poor photographic judgement.

you do have few good images but most are way off. bad composition, bad color harmony, distracting backgrounds, basic cinematography rules, poor cropping, leaving out foregrounds.

lots of novice mistakes

get off the high horse - you are not that good."

That response is an example of hateful. It's a desperate approach to prove a point.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow