EM5 outdated tech

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jwinberg1
Contributing MemberPosts: 617Gear list
Like?
Re: EM5 outdated tech
In reply to Terry Breedlove, 8 months ago

Terry Breedlove wrote:

I loved my em-5 with 17 mm f 1.8 bẻfore it was stolen a couple weeks ago- I would buy another one in a heart beat accept the technology is getting left behind. Even the new baby OMD EM10 has features its big brother EM5 doesn't. Yet I want the weather sealing of the EM5 so the EM10 isn't for me. Problem is i can't see Oly updating the EM5 with wifi and focus peaking etc until they also have a new imaging chip to put in it. I don't see them doing that until the EM-1 has been out for sometime. Maybe a year or more. I do not want the EM-1 because i can get the same iq with the much cheaper EM-5 plus it is ugly. I don't want the EM-10 because of no weather sealing. Any thoughts on the future of the EM-5 update?

ARRRGGHHH - another "outdated" thread!

"OUTDATED" is a marketing term, used to denigrate perfectly good cameras with excellent IQ!  Many such cameras are far better than their owners ability to wring the last iota of quality out of them.

We get so hung up on "features" that the entire purpose of photography, to make good images, gets lost.

There, now I feel better!  (Rant off!)

Jack Winberg

jwinberg1's gear list:jwinberg1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow