Veteran MemberPosts: 4,752
Like?
Re: Y-E-S: I do miss it dearly :(
In reply to SimonOL, 6 months ago

SimonOL wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

clearzoom wrote:

Chad Hardy wrote:

What do you think you are missing when you use an EVF? The refresh rate is so good these days you really don't have any lag.

well. optical is sooo clear, even when EVF is best in Nex 7, it is still electronic though

after the immediacy of experience from a long stretch of TLRs, MF, various film EOS'es, and the several digitals, like 40d, 5d2, 7d... all giving that very rich view full of nuances = a sun drenched scene, and yet with lots of details in both highlights and shadows.

And even when a passing bird casts its silhouette across grass the OVF is still quick enough to render it - never experienced anything like this (or even any loosely-close approximation of it) in an EVF !!

jpr2

Nice! Almost poetic.

The EVF in my NEX-7 does lack some dynamic range and it's not so good if you don't position your eye at just the right angle, but I think the positives outweigh the negatives for me. It's useful to have MF assist, peaking, histogram etc available with the EVF which wouldn't be possible with an OVF.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the latest EVF in the A6000 is any better; lower res, better optics and refresh rate (apparently) but no claims about DR that I've seen.

I don't think it is physically possible to have a TTL OVF with a mirrorless camera, so EVF is here to stay if you use a MILC.

It would always be POSSIBLE (could have a sensor flipping instead of a mirror) but why would you....I already think the best EVF's are far better than the best OVF's and they are just going to get better and better.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow