Who is at fault for the waxy skin tones? Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Daniel Lauring
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,325Gear list
Re: Who is at fault for the waxy skin tones?
In reply to taz98spin, 5 months ago

taz98spin wrote:

Daniel Lauring wrote:

taz98spin wrote:

Daniel Lauring wrote:

taz98spin wrote:

Ask any studio photographer in Korea that works for a studio that does themed wedding/ engagement photos.

They shoot themed wedding engagement photos at ISO 6400 in a studio!?!?!

Issues with reading comprehension much?

When did I ever say they shoot ISO 6400?

I said they shoot JPEG.

-- hide signature --

I could ask you the same question. The "issue" everyone is talking about ONLY occurs at ISO 6400. It isn't going to effect the studios and even most people most of the time which was my point. Try reading between the lines.

TThorne had issue with me saying "many professionals" shoot JPEG.

I was giving him an answer and not replying to you or about this "issue".

So once again read before commenting.

-- hide signature --

You did reply to me.  It says, "in reply to Daniel Lauring."  Pretty sure that is me.

Yes, I did reply to your reply to someone else.  I did because I think it is important to note that most people will avoid ISO 6400 to begin with and when they do shoot it most will seriously consider using RAW to get the best product for their clients.

Let me try an analogy for you.  Someone complains that their race car uses premium gas.  Someone else says most cars don't use premium gas.  Things get confused.

The issue is how big the issue really is which gets back to how much you depend on jpegs at high iso's and how much you shoot high iso's.  If the answer is you do and all the time and you hate the effect than the Fuji is absolutely NOT the camera for you.

Daniel Lauring's gear list:Daniel Lauring's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
NRNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow