Veteran MemberPosts: 5,046
Like?
Re: why give up OVF with MirrorLess camera like Nex
In reply to clearzoom, 7 months ago

clearzoom wrote:

My gears

Nex F3 with these 4 lens - sel1855, sel16mm28, sel50mm18, sel55210

CanonT3i - with 55-250mm, tamron 17-55mm F28

I do use and Love my Nex F3, but ONLY thing I miss in Nex is the OVF.

I even tried Nex6 with EVF, but wasnt happy with EVF, as it is electronic and cant be Optical view finder

so I use T3i when I miss OVF

I want to make sure am I the only one or others feel way using Mirror less?

Lot of folks seem to love Nex6, 7, A7, A7R and dont miss the OVF?

The A7 EVF is (to me) FAR better than any OVF I have used (and that is quite a few).

Is as big as some of the best and much bigger than many OVF's, and can simply do more....how many times do you think you could look directly at the sun with an OVF?

You can walk around with something like a 720nm infrared filter and still see where you are going (depending on lens).

When the light gets really dim (IE at a pub rock gig), if you turn the camera away from the stage with an OVF, you see mostly just black...with a A7 EVF you see plenty (maybe just a bit noisy but VERY useful).

Focus peaking and magnification in the viewfinder on an A7 is excellent....makes it easier to use manual focus in really low light than most cameras are to auto focus.

My m4/3 GX7 EVF is not as good as the A7's but still better than most (if not all) OVF's I have used (plus it tilts...how many OVF's can do that???).

Older or smaller EVF's have advantages too ...though it is closer.....I would probably take most pro level OVF's over the earlier EVF's most of the time.....but times have changed.

There are cameras with hybrid OVF and EVF like the Xpro1.....I think the viewfinder is what made that a LOT more expensive than it otherwise would have been with just an EVF.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow