Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
smallLebowski
Contributing MemberPosts: 512
Like?
Help me decide A7 with FE35mm f2.8 vs A6000 with E24mm Zeiss f1.8
5 months ago

I understand they are different cameras, but if we look closer both are made by Sony, have EVF, good grip and e-mount. Both sensors are of same resolution 24Mp. With these lenses I will have comparable DOF, FOV and even final exposure (exposure triangle) will be about the same (E24Z is around 1 stop faster, but that will be compensated by around 1 stop A7 sensor leverage).

Differences are that A7 will have an edge higher I go in ISO, while A6000 has an edge in AF performance. In general (as shown by some respectable forum members) N7 with E24Z IQ is about the same as A7 FE35, especially in daylight. Somewhere during the day lies that time of day (level of available light) when one can say that it's time to switch cameras from A6000 to A7 (just as an example).

So basically I'm wondering at what ISO I will start noticing noise differences (given these lenses)?

P.S. price wise A6000 with E24Z is around $1700 (with taxes) and A7 with FE35 is around $2300 (with rebates). So around $600 difference. It is significant for me, so I am more prone to go with A6000, especially since I like fast AF. And yet again, I would be more reassured if Sony could post some APS-C roadmap even if there are no lenses coming in 2014, but at least we will know that we can expect something at some point, let's say in 2015. Honestly, that would be enough for me to jump for A6000 with much more confidence. On the other hand FF seems to be the future at least in nearest 5-7 years. After that who knows, but it's good to have some stability for at least several years.

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow