Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,766
Like?
Re: Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!
In reply to Altin, 5 months ago

Altin wrote:

What happen !! Why 8 photographers in 10 have a Canon 5D Mark 3 !!?

Any one have some think to say about this ?

Thank you,

Different tool for different job, as current owner of 3 1-series Canon bodies and a D800E body, I use the D800E for landscape ONLY, IMO no Canon body at the moment offer this much for landscape shooting regardless of class and price, but for everything else, I found I have better option than the D800E in Canon current product line or even the older Canon line up based on my OWN standard and preference. for example, I would even take the cheap 7D or really old used 1D MK3 over the D800E if I am going to shoot a NFL game, I would take my 1DS3 with the 85L and 135L over my D800E with 85 1.4 or 135DC if i am going to shoot a portrait work today, and I sure will take the 5D3 over the D800E if I am covering a parade today....Not to say I can't shoot a sport game with D800E or I can't shoot a landscape with the 7D or 5D, it's just each camera has it's strengths and weakness, you just have to look at what you shoot the most to decide which camera is best for you, they is no 'bad" cameras but "less than ultimate" camera for a specific job. Who cares about if everyone else is shooting 10 frame per second with a 400mm, if 1 frame per second with a  16mm is what you and that's what you need, it doesn't matter how many people is using whatever, I for one dumping a lot of fast AF zoom lenses for Zeiss manual focus primes lenses while everyone else is going crazy about super fast AF, that's what I need and what I want.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow