nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,903Gear list
Like?
Re: 32mg per image in Raw on XE-2?
In reply to SVPhotography, 10 months ago

SVPhotography wrote:

nixda wrote:

Georgyboy wrote:

Last week I used a demo XE-2 body with 3 new lenses, 35, 60 and 55-200. I shot 650 images in RAW and all my images when viewed in Bridge CC are 32mg. I thought the XE-2 was a 16mg camera, how is this possible? I turned off sharpening and noise reduction, only turned on Camera Shake. Waiting for my new XT-1 and 14 and 23mm lenses. Can't wait. Finally I took the plunge and traded in 35lbs of Canon gear.

Are you talking about megapixels or megabytes? Megapixels does not equal megabytes. FWIW, the X-E1 images are 26.1 MB, but these data are only 12 bit. The X-E2 writes 14-bit data, thus the larger size of the raw files.

I was surprised as well as it is getting close to the D800 raw files when shot with full compression at 12 bit.

Fuji doesn't appear to use any compression for its raw files.

Plus no option to downscale to 12-bit files on output.

Fuji does indeed not compress the raw files. For archiving purposes, I do compress the raw files myself.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow