ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GingerSix
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
Flower in colleague's office, A77 with kit lens
6 months ago

Hi,

I shot some flowers in a colleague's office today, it is sunny outside but the window shade is on, still pretty bright in the office. I set the ISO to 200 and when using F2.8, I was getting 1/50 seconds with +1 exposure compensation since I was shooting against the light, and this is what I got:

JPEG straight from the camera, slightly cropped and resized, adjust the saturation a tiny bit.

Here's the 1:1 crop of the center part of the shot:

I love the speed and controls of the A77 (previously owned a A230), but somehow I keep getting noticeable noise at just 400 ISO even in some relatively well lit situations (like indoor environment during a sunny day). Even the shot here, at 200, there's still some noticeable noise. I've seen people sharing some ISO 1600 shots here and I literally couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a lot of them showed little to no noise, so am I using it wrong, or is there any tricks to reduce the noise on the A77 body? This is mind boggling, really...

Another thing I noticed is the color straight out of the camera is kinda dull, like this shot, I have to manually increase the saturation a little bit to make it look better, is this the lens issue or something I can change in the settings?

Any comments are appreciated, thanks!

GingerSix's gear list:GingerSix's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +1 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony Alpha DSLR-A230 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow