D600 / D610 - A camera for the masses

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
paulski66
Senior MemberPosts: 2,111Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 / D610 - A camera for the masses
In reply to Rich Rosen, 10 months ago

Rich Rosen wrote:

Maybe its time we stop feeding this guy (and people like him) and let him "starve to death."

The only way to effectively deal with deliberately disruptive members on an open forum like this is to delete their posts and/or ban their accounts. There are just too many people with access to this forum to expect that everyone will spontaneously refuse to rise to the bait of these instigators.

Ideally, community-based moderation can identify the trouble-makers and act swiftly to suppress their antics - through deleting posts, locking threads, issuing warnings, and closing out the accounts of troublemakers. While stopping a persistent agitator can take time and patience, my experience is that sooner or later even the most dedicated of troublemakers tires of creating account after account and posting rambling screeds, only to have their words deleted almost as soon as they appear.

I know we have at least two "moderators" here in this forum, but I have not seen either of them for weeks. Though as I said elsewhere, it's gotten so overwhelming juvenile and repetitive around here lately that I really don't pass through much any more.

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow