Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Reilly Dishonestly Compares JPG to RAW, Again
In reply to gaussian blur, 5 months ago

gaussian blur wrote:

Basalite wrote:

But at 24MP, the overwhelming number of pixels puts the D7100/D5300/K3 etc. well ahead of the Sigma in every way. With these test chart results, we can pretty accurately place the Sigma where it belongs on the resolution totem pole: 18MP unfiltered with high microcontrast (too high, I would say) standing in for actual somewhat higher resolution.

No one should take my word for any of this. Do your own research with the tools provided. Just don't show us half-a$$ed snapshots and expect to be taken seriously.

LOL I had to respond to you one more time. You're exposing your bias and dishonesty in this matter. You are comparing a jpg from the Sigma to a RAW from the Nikon! I'll repeat that one more time. You are comparing * a jpg*** from the Sigma to * a RAW* from the Nikon!**

And you talk about being "taken seriously?"

Raw versus jpeg won't make much of a difference.

Nonsense. Sigma RAWs are dramatically more detailed than the jpgs. RAWs are very noticeably sharper in Bayer sensor cameras too.

What he showed is that the Sigma image is full of aliasing artifacts (aka false detail). It's not resolving better than the Nikon (nor can it) and that isn't going to change if it was raw.

Please. Every authority on the subject, not to mention every review, has attested to the superior real detail rendered by the Foveon sensor.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow