Who is at fault for the waxy skin tones? Locked

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
MrChristopher
Senior MemberPosts: 1,028Gear list
Re: Who is at fault for the waxy skin tones?
In reply to mistermejia, 10 months ago

"Who is at fault for the waxy skin tones?"

In the final analysis the answer would be people who don't know how to use/configure their camera.  If Fuji's noise reduction is too aggressive the camera owner is responsible for compensating for that, or they can produce waxy skin tones.  The final choice is theirs.

You could just as easily say "who is responsible for the x100s missed shots?"  Again, it is the camera owners responsibility to recognize the limitations of the x100 AF and adjust their approach accordingly.

Any X camera is capable of taking breath taking shots of people and without a waxy look, assuming the user knows how to operate their camera.

I can take some dog choking, awful photos with my x100.  In fact some of my worst photos ever came from my x100.  I can take equally bad ones with my Sony alpha.  But I prefer nice shots so I spend/spent a lot of time learning their sweet spots, strengths and especially their quirks and limitations.

Many people in camera forums want to shoot JPG, not spend more than 10 seconds in post, and get Henri Bresson results.  All I can say is may the Force be with you.

-- hide signature --
 MrChristopher's gear list:MrChristopher's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
NRNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow