Who is at fault for the waxy skin tones? Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,781Gear list
Re: Who is at fault for the waxy skin tones?
In reply to Sal Baker, 6 months ago

Sal Baker wrote:

Is it Fuji itself ?? Or could this be a SABOTAGE thing from the sensor maker itself??

Does Fuji actually make this sensors, or do they buy them from Sony or someone else? I am just curious because i CAN'T believe that the jpegs are changing so much with the new sensors, i couldn't possibly believe that Fuji is just bypassing or ignoring this skin tone issue.

I just moved from nikon to get away from plastic looking skin tones, and Fuji's new cameras are all coming out like this now??? I don't get it.

RAW files look great so it's not a sensor issue.

Sal

Right. Then is pretty obvious then.  That's pretty sad and i hope Fuji does correct this soon.  I'm in no hurry because i just bought my X-E1, but if fuji continuous making the jpeg output like this i am just going to have to move to another camera manufacturer later on.

I am not sure how much Fuji VALUES the plain jpeg output that the first original cameras output, like the XE1, X-Pro1.  Even the X10 has pretty damn good skin tones.  But if Fuji continues like this, i might as well go back to Nikon and get a D7200, which is going to have much more fire power to begin with, and the waxy skin tones won't make a difference.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
NRNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow