Started Feb 20, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John Vant Land
Contributing MemberPosts: 527Gear list
Dead Lexar CF Card on 5DMkIII
Feb 20, 2014

Halfway through a shoot Tuesday my Lexar Professional 1000X 16GB CF suddenly died and my new images automatically went to my backup SD card.

I lost a couple of dozen shots on the bad card before the changeover and I was fortunate I could go back and retake them.  I came home, couldn't get the card to mount on my computer.  So I reinserted the card in my camera and it wouldn't even format.

I found Lexar support and downloaded their recovery software (Imagerescue4) but since the card wouldn't even mount, it couldn't see it.  I e-mailed Lexar and they wanted to know my computer OS and card reader info.

I explained that the card wouldn't even mount and that all of my other cards work fine in my SanDisk reader and my computer and OS are up to date.  I can almost see them trying to blame the computer or reader.

The card is less than 4 mo. old.

Any advice?  Has anyone else had a similar problem and is Lexar good about their warranty of fixing or replacing?

BTW, if anyone knows of another forum that this could better be listed on, let me know.

-- hide signature --

Enjoying God and His Creation.

John Vant Land's gear list:John Vant Land's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +6 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow