Olympus E-P7

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
AndyGM
Contributing MemberPosts: 695Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus E-P7
In reply to Le Frog, 7 months ago

Le Frog wrote:

Alas, if you translate this interview from marketing-speak to plain english, we might just as well abandon all hope of a GM1 challenger from Olympus:

Olympus interview by Blunty

" Pens are for upgraders and [=?] enthusiasts[:-S] and later they may want to try the 'dslr experience' "

Thats not how I translated that interview. What I got was

OM-D is for traditional enthusiasts, people that have a DSLR or would have bought a DSLR.

PEN is for a new type of customer that wants a smaller, easier to use camera with "big sensor" image quality.

So the GM1 fits right into this definition of what Oly see the PEN range is for. The main restriction on a Oly competitor to the GM1 is IBIS. Panasonic already had to do some very unconventional things just to fit a mechanical shutter into a camera as small as the GM1, I don't see Oly squeezing IBIS into such a small space as well.

Whereas this photoshopped together E-P7 has an icicles chance in hell of ever appearing.

AndyGM's gear list:AndyGM's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PL3 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow