7-14mm for travel?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
JeanPierre Martel
Senior MemberPosts: 1,905Gear list
Like?
Re: 7-14mm for travel?
In reply to zilver, 6 months ago

zilver wrote:

I'm going to the mountains and thinking I want to explore wider lens, just need to ask that if I take only one lens can the 7-14 be a walk around lens for landscape and family shots

The Lumix 7-14mm is a super wide-angle lens. Invaluable in specific situations but quite specialized.

Its strong parallax effect can be corrected for landscape but it's harder for deformed human beings shot near the side of the frame.

In your message, it's not clear if you'll climb mountains or drive to them. If you climb, it's difficult to protect that lens from hitting rocks since it doesn't accept filters.

In a nutshell, if I were in your shoes, I'd bring the Lumix 7-14mm for landscape photo, but rely to another lens as my general-purpose lens.

JeanPierre Martel's gear list:JeanPierre Martel's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow