I don't think the A77 needs to be replaced this year, here is why.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,245Gear list
Like?
Re: I don't think the A77 needs to be replaced this year, here is why.
In reply to tbcass, 7 months ago

tbcass wrote:

You will never be happy with any camera for long because in your mind what is the best today will surely "suck" tomorrow. I actually feel sorry for you.

The A57 has served me well. It was for nearly two years a camera where I felt it was better than anything offered from the competition even at double the price. Technology has now changed enough, where it's become time to make a step forward. Once that's done, I'll be content with living inside its boundaries. I have to know and feel that the step I'm taking gets me in the current-good zone. I feel that the A6000 provides that. To me, it's one of those break-through milestone products. The A33 was that for me, and so was the A57. There were a few close calls on almost making the jump to an A77. Around Christmas, here in Canada, at Henrys they were selling *NEW* A77s at $750 that included 2 year (Sony standard in Canada for the SLTs) warranty. But... the noise thing made me worried that my indoor shots would become worse than from my A57 (I would have), and video only goes to ISO 1600 which was the ultimate deal breaker for me. The A77 just did not feel like that milesteone type product to me, not from the A57. From the A33, yes.

Anyway, we're all different and have different points of view. I'm just sharing mine.

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow