Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 4,813Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for a therapy group for pixel peepers
In reply to darkdirtydwarf, 10 months ago

darkdirtydwarf wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

Pixel peeping is good, I hate it when people complain about it. To the extent that it can improve your work, it's a good thing.

Yeah, the problem is that I invest too much time on it, instead of learning how to use light better, or frame/crop in a more interesting way (especially when I us AF).

That being said, I had an Ultron 40 - nice overall rendering and sharpness. However, I thought the CAs were very high.

I live in a dark world without light, I don't even remember what colours are. CA therefore is a non-issue for me, at least till the better season

I'm not sure what that means exactly. Ha ha.

(And LightRoom can fix that automagically these days )

Not really, it can only do so much. For instance, when you're shooting winter trees against a grey/overcast sky for instance, it goes crazy on you and is very hard to get rid of in LR without ruining your image.

I'm just sayin - if you can afford it, the FE35 is a nice improvement over the Ultron 40. I enjoyed the 40 a lot and have made some memorable images with it, but I'm liking the little Sonnar even more.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow