Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
William Porter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,670Gear list
Like?
best remote shutter release for E-M1?
10 months ago

I know how to use the OI.Share app on my iPhone as a remote trigger for the E-M1. Has limitations (for one, I can't adjust flashes while using it) but otherwise works pretty nicely. But I need an ordinary remote shutter release. Ultimately I'll want both a wired and a wireless remote because they serve different purposes. But right now I'd be happy to have either.

I've looked on Olympus's website (getolympus.com) and I can't figure out what remote is compatible with the E-M1.

• Will the RM-CB1 work with the E-M1? The "works with" info in the listing doesn't mention either the E-M1 or the E-M5. 
  • Or maybe the RM-UC1? The specs list the E-M5 as compatible and a customer states in his review that he expects this to work with his E-M1. But another review complains that it doesn't work with some other Olympus camera, and I don't like nasty surprises.
  • How about the RM-1 wireless remote? And very important for me, will this work if I'm standing BEHIND the camera or only if I'm in front?

And what about third-party options? I can't find any of the products above on Amazon and I confess that the Olympus prices are a bit high. I generally buy OEM accessories when I can afford them because they (generally) work better. But to save $70 or even $40 I might be willing to take a $10 risk....

At the moment I'd prefer to have a cable release.

I'll be grateful for any suggestions, recommendations, warnings...

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow