Memes and Trolling

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
flbrit
Senior MemberPosts: 2,865Gear list
Like?
Re: Memes and Trolling
In reply to nixda, 5 months ago

nixda wrote:

There are trollish topics, for sure, but that one isn't one of them. The plasticky skin rendition is a well-known flaw in the JPEG engine of the newer cameras. Whether it's blown out of proportion is another matter, but for JPEG shooters it is a legitimate problem.

I agree that there are issues. All systems have them. I am also sure that this forum has helped improve the system in that Fuji do watch what is going on. Valid comments about performance are needed.

An example. One issue is presented as 'plastic' and that is the catch phrase that has caught on. As you rightly say, the real id of the issue is that some/many people complain about what they consider excessive noise reduction at high iso in the jpg engine. Processing from RAW or shooting at lower iso does not cause this.

There are many other threads along these lines.

Relative newcomers to the forum seeking info on the system then latch on to the catch phrases.

I am not saying these topics should not be discussed, just the tone/content seems way off from some people.

I came here as an experienced DSLR shooter and had to really sort out the wheat from the chaff. I'm glad I did as its a great system. But then I had the experience to be able to do that.

On Edit, I do believe this problem is worse here than in some of the other forums.

Brian

flbrit's gear list:flbrit's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D800E Nikon D5200 Fujifilm X-E2 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow