Who has time to look at all those pictures we take?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,909Gear list
Like?
Who has time to look at all those pictures we take?
10 months ago

As I am sitting here, bored to death, re-organizing my music files and images (again, after 5 years), I am wondering about what it takes to look at all the images I took over the years.

Thousands, and I am by no means anywhere a prolific shooter as many others. How do you guys find the time to look at your images? They need to be looked at occasionally lest they whither away into oblivion. But there are so many!

I do print my best pictures. But I don't hang all of them. I'd better build my own frames if I did or I'd go broke. Also, I need a bigger house with a lot more wall space.

Recently (over the last 10 years), I have made a point to not take that many pictures in fact. Most of my picture taking is done during vacations, and I have decided that seeing with my own eyes is often more important than taking a picture. I tend to focus on the technical shots, e.g., panoramas, long exposures, tricky landscape scenes, and scenes that I think would look good on a wall (but see above). That has helped somewhat. Still, way too many pictures. Some of my outings I've turned into slide shows, but I have hardly enough time to enjoy a proper movie, let alone slide shows from years past.

What do we do with all the pictures we take?

How many do you take?

How many make it into the final, viewing-worthy set?

Do you print them?

Do you actually look at your images from time to time? If so, how?

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow