EM5 outdated tech

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
lambert4
Senior MemberPosts: 1,370Gear list
Like?
Don't believe the few hype cases of failed weather sealing....
In reply to Fri13, 10 months ago

Fri13 wrote:

Waiting time is long, you will never then get a camera you want.

I would say, buy a second hand E-M5 and you are happy, unless you are ready to buy a E-M1.

I would have got E-M10 but because missing weather sealing, I couldn't.

But now I am little wondering is the weather sealing really so good in Olympus, as I have been scared off by people claiming that dust (especially on color runs etc) gets easily inside and even rain could get too, this by Nikon and Canon systems.

I have subjected my early EM5 repeatedly to conditions I never would have risked my non sealed GH1 or other bodies to.  And in each the camera and sealed lens has performed flawlessly.  There was a nice thread on here this week regarding the Holi Festival in India (sp.) and Lens Rental guys replied with a very poignant discovery that the powders and dyes used in those runs are invasive and charged particals actually adhere or attract to the insides of even their best Canikon sealed lens.  They have stopped covering lens used in those conditions because there is no hope of success.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow