7-14mm for travel?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
markymark101
Senior MemberPosts: 1,031Gear list
Like?
UWA is really cool - go for it
In reply to zilver, 10 months ago

For years i didn't think I needed an UWA and just stiched.   I bought the 9-18nm last year, and no way I'm selling it.   You can do more with an UWA that stitching just doesn't get you.

Saying that, UWA is not very good for people.   The wider you go the more faces and bodies can get distorted.   However, the 9-18mm is a better choice for an all-rounder than the 7-14mm.   I could easily take the 9-18mm and and a telephoto on vacation and be happy.   The 7-14mm is a fine lens, though.

Sometimes you just need more than one lens.   That's why they make them interchangable.   With m43, carrying an extra lens is no problem - they weigh nothing.    Pair up the 7-14mm with a fast prime (20mm or 25mm) and you are good to go.  Or if you wanted to stick with zooms, adding the 14-54 or a 14-42 are inexpensive options.

Anyway, I say go for the UWA.

markymark101's gear list:markymark101's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow