Memes and Trolling

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876Gear list
Like?
Re: Memes and Trolling
In reply to DocetLector, 5 months ago

DocetLector wrote:

You stated that this poster is not a troll so perhaps you know him or her. But to me it is a trollish post because if somebody is showing such a bad picture claiming it is all the fault of the camera and not even add exif data - what else can I think of?

I did not say anything about whether the person is a troll or not. What I did say is that the concern as a whole is valid. Regardless of that one example. There are many examples of the plasticky skin rendering effect on this an other forums.

If somebody who is eventually considering to buy a Fuji camera because of good reviews and seeing this picture he might run away and buy another brand. Even if it`s 80% the fault of the person behind the camera.

If someone, based on that one image, makes a decision against the Fuji, then s/he can't be helped. If its the fault of the person behind the camera, and the prospective buyer doesn't realize or accept that, then, IMO, it's his/her problem, not the person's problem who presented the flawed image.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow