Memes and Trolling

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876Gear list
Like?
Re: Memes and Trolling
In reply to DocetLector, 7 months ago

DocetLector wrote:

To me there is a difference. The Fuji cameras get regurarely bashed by people who are rooted in different other forums, claiming that they have also a Fuji camera (who really knows?)just not to be recogniced as trolls. I think those people are just frustrated that Fuji is doing so well and get mainly positive feedback. I am certainly not a Fuji fanboy as I do most of my photography with my Canon G11 and only for more serious work I still use my S3 pro.

IMO, it goes both ways and it evens out in the end.

The other side is that there are plenty of people trying to tell others that all they need is a Fuji camera. Likewise for pretty much any other brand. We all feel strongly about our purchases and want to make them appear in the best light, even if it means downplaying flaws. It's a self-protection mechanism to give us the impression (or illusion) that we made the right choice about spending our hard-earned money and committing to something.

Just like reading reviews on Amazon, one has to take everything out there with a grain of salt. We are all mature people who can deal with exaggerated claims and sift through them to get to the valid morsels, aren't we

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow