Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
taz98spin
Contributing MemberPosts: 526Gear list
Like?
I'm a JPEG shooter
In reply to nixda, 10 months ago

nixda wrote:

DocetLector wrote:

agree 100% ! Just recently a guy opened up a thread about waxy skin tones, showing a photo which was out of focus, way off WB and badly exposed. I would really like to know if those people do have Fuji gear because it is so easy to open up a new thread in another forum, claiming I have a camera this or that brand. Who can verify ? May be just trolls!

There are trollish topics, for sure, but that one isn't one of them. The plasticky skin rendition is a well-known flaw in the JPEG engine of the newer cameras. Whether it's blown out of proportion is another matter, but for JPEG shooters it is a legitimate problem.

I'm a JPEG shooter. Even for weddings, engagements, and studio sessions, I use JPEGs only.

I have deadlines to meet for my clients, and a full time job outside of photography, so I try to get everything right in camera, so I can spend minimum time in photoshop.

However, I've never had issues with plasticky skin as bad as the other thread showed. It looks like the photo was out of focus, and he adjusted the clarity setting to the extreme.

Besides, if waxy skin is a such a well-known issue, shoulnd't owners of the Fuji cameras should avoid high ISO or shoot RAW or use a flash?

-- hide signature --
 taz98spin's gear list:taz98spin's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Alpha 7S +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow