I don't think the A77 needs to be replaced this year, here is why.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Wally626
Senior MemberPosts: 1,751
Like?
Re: I don't think the A77 needs to be replaced this year, here is why.
In reply to 123Mike, 8 months ago

123Mike wrote:

Dennis wrote:

My thinking is: if PDAF-on-sensor is ready for prime time and they can make a truly mirrorless camera with the AF performance everyone expects from a '7' series and maybe boost the frame rate in the process, then go for it. If not, then wait. 2015 or 2016 would be fine ... it will still be out before Nikon replaces the D300

The A6000 shows that on-sensor-pdaf *IS* prime time. It apparently runs circles around the A77 for auto focus performance. In fact, the claim is that it has the fastest auto focus ever conceived of any brand any time.

The low light performance of the A77 isn't very good. DXO rates it pretty low. Video performance is dismal. Fact it, it's getting antiquated.

Not sure who is claiming best focus ever, Sony is only claiming best APS-C body, leaving room for the 1DX and 4D at the top. I have not seen any in-depth reviews of the focus system yet, just some demo shots, in which it seemed to perform well. Clearly it is a big jump from what Sony had before. I would not be surprised if the focus system is slowing the A79 as Sony was trying to decide which way to go.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow