Looking for a therapy group for pixel peepers

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
xexe
Regular MemberPosts: 202Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for a therapy group for pixel peepers
In reply to darkdirtydwarf, 8 months ago

After being disappointed at the sharpness on the FE 35mm on the A7R I thought I should seek help too. I found it, very unexpectedly in... (don't judge me)... Iphone photography. My A7R was off for quite some time for repairs and in the meantime I started taking very hipster pics with the Iphone and editing them on the go with Snapseed which does not offer magnification! I started editing for the whole picture and not for the detail. Now the A7R is back, I got myself the Zeiss 24-70 lens and I am not complaining about its sometimes smeared edges! I zoom in 1:1 much less, trying to achieve an overall mood with the picture. I even use some VSCO presets, which add grain... GRAIN! I set the zoom to 1:3 or 1:2 when I need to see details. Much more relaxed. I hope it lasts!

Another good cure is shooting film for a while and getting c**p scans from the lab because you cannot afford 6£ a roll for high res scan (10 rolls = 60£ extra for getting high res scans of pics that might not be worth it!!!!).

I also need better light bulbs at home. And better weather outside!

Hang in there, pixel peeping is a bad beast, you just need to learn how to use it to improve and not to hold you back!

-- hide signature --

flickr.com/photos/xexe
xexets.blogspot.co.uk

xexe's gear list:xexe's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha 7R Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow