How do you keep track of your lens cap?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Impulses
Contributing MemberPosts: 848Gear list
Like?
Re: Freemod x-Cap
In reply to megawatt298, 6 months ago

The Freemod x-cap made for the Lumix 14-42x lens works on my GM-1. It uses a pair of blades that open when you extend the lens just like a point and shoot.

http://freemod-design.com/web/en/x-cap-en

It is slightly larger in diameter (2mm) than the 12-32 lens but it works fine.

Interesting, I remember reading about it when I was looking at the 14-42 PZ... Didn't realize it works with the 12-32 (that I eventually got).

About your comment, you mean it protrudes by 2mm out the edges of the fully retracted lens? Does it look kinda goofy on the extended lens? No issues at all in closing and opening during manual collapse/extension?

Lens caps don't bother me a whole lot, but I'm rather tempted to try it on the 12-32, just one less thing to handle when switching lenses...

How does it work anyway? I never looked at it closely enough to figure out the mechanism by which extension of the lens opens the leaves.

Impulses's gear list:Impulses's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow