Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SimpleKindaEye
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Nikon D90 with the higher end lens?
6 months ago

I am asking this question to get some general info for my friend.

They own a Nikon D90 and want to purchase this Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED N SWM AF-S VR IF lens. They are looking for a good zoom lens for shooting wildlife and some general all around shooting.

Is this higher price lens compatible with this older model camera? They were wondering if they would have to update their camera to a newer camera model or go to a full frame camera  in order to get the benefits of such a quality lens

(For general info which prompted this question; I have a canon t3i and wanted to get the newer STM lens or an L lens which the L lens are more professional lens and can run into thousands of dollars. I was told that my camera is out of date to use the newer STM lens and or the “L” lens. With my older model, I would not be getting the full benefits of this more quality lenses. So updating my camera was one thing I needed to consider. This saved me a great deal of money knowing that and I am saving my money to update my camera to a 6D.)

Thank you for any help you can offer for my Nikon owning friend.

SimpleKindaEye's gear list:SimpleKindaEye's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +2 more
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 6D Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow