neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,561Gear list
As a community service
In reply to captura, 10 months ago

captura wrote:

Lab D wrote:

Mike Ronesia wrote:

captura wrote:

Or you could wait until April. "IMHO the GX7 has been intentionally over-rated by the community. It's mostly spin. It's sensor is not up to par."

Please enlighten me, not up to par in what regards? I don't have one, but I have the GM1 and I'd take that sensor over the one in my GH3 any day of the week. I don't read a lot of the technical reports on sensors, but I know I like it better at both base and high ISO's. Maybe I'm missing something that is happening that my eye's can't see, but if that's the case, does it matter?

-- hide signature --

Mark James
A.K.A. Mike Ronesia

Of course he is making that up. I looked at DxO and for DR the NEX 6 and GX7 are virtually equal at almost all ISOs. Now add the lenses that range up to 1 stop wider and IBIS and you end up with something that will usually be noticably better (like 2-3 stops difference!)...the GX7....and then it also has better specs for everything too.

If you are going to stretch the truth, then at least stop making statements which are so easy for me to prove wrong.

Here are the DxO scores for the GX7 vs the NEX-6:

GX7 overall score = 70

NEX-6 overall score = 78

http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-GX7-versus-Sony-NEX-6___901_832

As I said, the GX7's sensor is not up to par.

Please send me any working Leica M-E, type 220, M9, M9P or Mamiya ZD back and I will send you a working NEX6...all of those have sensors rated lower than the GX7.

How about sending me a working Canon 1d mk iv those are old now and useless aren't they?  Only 74 so you still get a bargain inm exchange for a NEX6.

neil holmes's gear list:neil holmes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +15 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow