Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
YRUNVS
Regular MemberPosts: 252Gear list
Like?
70-200 VR2 or 70-200VR1 and 135DC?
8 months ago

I am seeking to add a fast telephoto zoom to my lenses and am torn between getting a 70-200VR2 new (or possibly used if I can get one with a couple years warranty), or a used 70-200 VR1 and 135DC.  I tend to like primes on my D600 but when shooting events the flexibility of a zoom is handy.

I am familiar with the focus breathing issue with the VR2, but don't think that will present much of a problem.

I know the VR1's corners aren't optimized for full frame, but really how bad is the issue?

I am leaning towards the 2 lens solution as it'll offer more flexibility and the 70-200 (whichever version) will be used mainly for people shooting (subject centrally placed).  What are your thoughts?

An additional consideration:

I know the VR2 takes teleconvertors a bit more readily, but I am thinking right now I'll get the tamron 150-600 for longer focal length coverage.

Thanks all!

YRUNVS's gear list:YRUNVS's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +7 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow