Central Park Photography rules

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,801Gear list
Like?
Re: Central Park Photography rules
In reply to local novice, 10 months ago

local novice wrote:

We are planning a trip to NYC in mid-March. I have seen many beautiful night photos of the park on this forum and elsewhere. I am wondering if there are any rules or regulations on photography in the park. I looked online and there is a form to fill out for filming and photography events. I am a little confused since I think that is for professional photographers. Any restrictions on amateurs/tourists (e.g. tripod/monopod use)? Also any safety issues at night? My impression is the park is relatively crowded even at night.

Don't worry about it.

The thing to be aware of would be NOT to block pedestrian traffic, staircases, doorways, etc.. Just stay out of the way and no one will bother you.

I often carry a monopod which is even less intrusive, or use my tripod one-legged.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow