FX for a casual shooter?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Penny123
Regular MemberPosts: 296
Like?
Re: FX for a casual shooter?
In reply to mosswings, 10 months ago

Thanks, I have been thinking about this a lot and have enjoyed reading everyones views on this.  What made me initially think of going FX was someone posted a deal on here of a D600 with 24-85 lens for £1,070 which seemed a bargain.  I wish I had bought it and not open it until I decided what I was doing.  At the moment I think moving to fx is going to be too costly but the time I buy a camera, walk around lens and then a 60mm to replace my dx 40mm.  Perhaps I would, as someone suggested be better slowly collecting fx glass instead of doing it all at once.  So at the moment I am thinking the best financial option is to go DX for the next four years and reassess things then but still not quite ready to press buy on the D7100.  I just hope whatever I go for will help me get better shots than the ones I took today like below.  Granted I used the focus point above the central one but well over 50% of my shots have missed focus like the one below using af-c, it was rather dark so again having to use iso 800.  It is disheartening that I got the pose I want etc.. but the focus is off in all the good ones - typical!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow